Monday, October 24, 2011

Practical Considerations

Now this as another topic we have briefly touched on during tutorials but practical considerations comes under the reason why I chose to make a pinata as my activity - as apposed to scrap booking or tye dying because I didn't have the equipment or money to be able to do either of these things.

Now I can't find a decent definition on what practical considerations are but they are all the things I need to take into account in order to be able to make my pinata.

Now because making a pinata is an activity that needs little resources, to be honest there weren't many practical considerations I had to consider. I chose pinata making because I knew I had most of the resources at home. These were

  • a balloon
  • newspaper
  • flour and water (for glue mixture)
  • string
  • and either paint, crate paper (depending how you want to decorate the pinata)
The only real practical consideration that could have hindered myself in making the pinata would have been if I had enough money to purchase the lollies for inside. Because I had over 3 weeks to budget for this I knew it wasn't going to be a problem.

Below is a video link showing an example of how to make a pinata. The only practical consideration mentioned is time pressures - as a pinata can take anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks ( depending on decorations and other commitments). It also gives you an insight into what I've been doing with my daughter over the last few weeks. Very quick, simple and effective eh!!

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting and new to me. I have never heard of pinatas, let alone pinata making. Is it part of your culture from South America? Very crafty indeed plus it teaches you a lot of patience as it takes weeks to make. This I got from your video link which I think would be wonderful if you brought it as a whole into your posting.

    ReplyDelete