Monday, October 24, 2011

Paper and final posting

So this is my last posting!! Yaye!! I hope you have enjoyed learning about my activity of making a pinata and relating it to ergonomics, affordance, ambience, practical considerations AND demonstrating me being mindful :)

I was hoping to upload a picture of my finished pinata but unfortunately was experiencing some technical difficulties (go figure!!). We decided to paint it bright orange and create a beautiful angel fish, which ended up looking awesome!! Then we basically filled it to the rim with  sooooo many lollies and chocolates and let it do its job at my daughters birthday party and the kids loved it!! Definitely worth all the effort :)

Before I say my goodbyes I want to quickly introduce my activity of making a pinata into a framework. In class our activities were categorized into frameworks of paper, play, food or other.

Paper applies to arts and crafts and according to Osbourne (1977) "comprise a whole host of activities and hobbies that are related to making things with one's own hands...most require a combination of skill, speed, and patience, but they can also be learnt on a more basic level by virtually anyone."

This explanation of arts and crafts definitely relates to my activity of making a pinata within a 'paper' framework, and I will further analyse and reflect in the assignment that accompanies this blog.

Thank you all for staying tuned throughout both Participation in Occupation blogs :) I hope you have learnt something :)

Goodbye for now


References


Affordance. (2011). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordance



Dul, J., & Weerdmesster, B.A. (1993). Ergonomics for beginners: a quick reference guide. CRC press: USA


Ergonomics. (2011). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergonomics






Reed, K.L., Sanderson, S.N. (1999). Concepts on occupational therapy. USA: Lippincott & Wilkins.

Osbourne, H. (1977). The aesthetic concept of craftsmanship. British Journal of Aesthetics. 17, 138-148.




Comments posted on other peers blogs


Godhelp Mutero Nyashahu
Participation in Occupation 2: sixth (and last) posting - enjoying my guitar over the semester break.


Sarah Mete
Blog 3/6 Affordances


Megan Lee
AFFORDANCE!!! 


Cara Tate
Work and labour



No comments:

Post a Comment